PART-TIME HEALTH DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT
The Township of Denville is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as Part-Time Health Department Assistant. This position shall be part-time at 20-25 hours per week.
Salary: Minimum of $15.75/hr.
General Job Duties:
- Professionally and courteously assist customers with all public health, environmental, vital statistics and animal licensing inquiries;
- Efficiently and accurately process birth, marriage and death certificates and take incoming marriage applications;
- Process and record animal license applications and renewals;
- Assist with the timely collection and processing of Open Public Records Act (OPRA) requests;
- Process all incoming mail which may include animal license applications, vital statistic requests and other Health-related licensing applications; and
- Systematically maintains essential Health Department records including computer data bases and serves as administrative support for the Public Health Officer, Registered Environmental Health Specialist, Public Health Nurse and Registrar of Vital Statistics.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and must be willing to attend and successfully complete NJ Registrar Certification Program;
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with the public and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner at all times;
- Ideal applicant shall be self-motivating, have the ability to pay close attention to detail and follow state statutes and Township ordinances as they relate to the Health Code.
Requests for consideration must be submitted in writing to the Administrator’s Office on or before Friday, June 19, 2019 at 4:00 P.M.
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified employees will be given full consideration.
Posted: June 13, 2019
cc: DTEA President
Part-time Electrical Sub-Code Official
The Township of Denville is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as part-time Electrical Sub-Code Official in the Construction Department. This position shall be part-time, Monday to Friday, for an estimated 20 – 25 hours per week.
Salary: Depending upon experience/qualifications.
General Job Duties:
Perform all electrical sub-code plan reviews and site inspections to ensure compliance with applicable codes;
Maintain orderly records and ensure all paperwork is completed in a timely manner;
Be able to effectively and courteously interact with contractors and residents both in person and on the telephone to answer their questions and address their concerns;
Perform other duties as assigned or as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
Must possess a valid NJ DCA – HHS Electrical Sub-code/Inspector License and a valid driver’s license.
Multiple Uniform Construction Code (UCC) licenses a plus.
Applications are available at the Township of Denville, Administration Office, 1 St. Mary’s Place, Denville, NJ 07834. Applications and/or resumes must be submitted to the above listed location. Job posting open until filled.
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.
Posted: March 7, 2019
Cook’s Pond Lake Manager (Seasonal) – Township of Denville. The Township of Denville is accepting résumés from qualified individuals for a seasonal position as Lake Manager for Cook’s Pond in the Denville Department of Recreation. The ideal candidate shall function as a facility coordinator and focus their efforts on the safety, scheduling, staffing, maintenance, upkeep/upgrade of the Cook’s Pond facility. Furthermore, the ideal candidate shall educate, train and mentor the staff in the performance of many of the day-to-day operational tasks. The Lake Manager is responsible for the entire Cook’s Pond facility including but not limited to Cook’s Pond seasonal swimming membership, fishing permits, kayak/canoeing permits, the party pavilion rentals, the playground and the park which includes a walking trail and open space. Other duties include, but are not limited to, creating and maintaining procedural protocols for operation, evaluation and public use, making recommendations to the Recreation Director for improvement to the facilities or modification of existing policies. The position requires knowledge of general maintenance and repair of recreation lake facilities and equipment. Although the Lake is open seasonally from Memorial Day (weekends only until June 17, 2019) to Labor Day, the work schedule includes out-of-season activities including helping in the staff and lifeguard recruitment process, post-season lake closing and other tasks as deemed necessary. The position is open to qualified individuals with lake management experience, Starguard Lifeguard Instructor certification is preferred by not mandatory. Salary shall be based upon qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Interested parties should submit a résumé and detailed cover letter to the office of Business Administrator, 1 St. Mary’s Place, Denville, NJ 07834 or by email Kdeloreto@denvillenj.org no later than May 30, 2019 at 11:30 AM. The Township of Denville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates will be given full consideration.