The Township of Denville is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as its certified Tax Assessor
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications/experience.
General Job Duties:
- Field work which includes: property inspections, sales analysis and property valuations;
- Investigate and process tax appeals in Tax Court and the County Board of Taxation;
- Prepare and maintain property records cards for each parcel of property in the Township;
- Records property sales data and determines usability of sales;
- Enter new sub-divisions on official tax maps and in MOD-IV computer program;
- Ensure tax maps are maintained up-to-date;
- Prepare assessment roll to show increase or decrease in assessments because of new construction, demolition, fire damage, property exemptions or other authorized cause;
- Ensure timely preparation of all statutory reports;
- Examines appeals of assessed valuation and prepares assists in defense of appeals;
- Provide testimony before the County Board of Taxation and State Tax Court;
- Ensure accurate valuation and coordinate periodic revaluation of real property in Township; and
- Communicates with public and answers inquiries relating to assessments.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, college experience preferred;
- Must have Certified Tax Assessor License and experience appearing before the Tax Court of New Jersey and/or the County Board of Taxation;
- Ideal candidate must have in-depth knowledge of the New Jersey’s local taxation laws;
- Strong organizational, research, as well as solid oral and written communication skills; and
- Must possess strong customer service skills and be able to effectively interact and work with others.
A resume and detailed cover letter must be submitted to the Administrator’s Office, 1 St. Mary’s Place, Denville, New Jersey 07834 on or beforeat 4:00 P.M. on Friday, April 28, 2017
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified employees will be given full consideration.
Posted: March 21, 2017