PART-TIME HEALTH DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT
The Township of Denville is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as Part-Time Health Department Assistant. This position shall be part-time at 20-25 hours per week.
General Job Duties:
- Professionally and courteously assist customers with all public health, environmental, vital statistics and animal licensing inquiries;
- Efficiently and accurately process birth, marriage and death certificates and take incoming marriage applications;
- Process and record animal license applications and renewals;
- Assist with the timely collection and processing of Open Public Records Act (OPRA) requests;
- Process all incoming mail which may include animal license applications, vital statistic requests and other Health-related licensing applications; and
- Systematically maintains essential Health Department records including computer data bases and serves as administrative support for the Public Health Officer, Registered Environmental Health Specialist, Public Health Nurse and Registrar of Vital Statistics.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and must be willing to attend and successfully complete NJ Registrar Certification Program;
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with the public and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner at all times;
- Ideal applicant shall be self-motivating, have the ability to pay close attention to detail and follow state statutes and Township ordinances as they relate to the Health Code.
Requests for consideration must be submitted in writing to the Administrator’s Office on or before Friday October 6, 2017 at 4:00 P.M.
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified employees will be given full consideration.
Posted: September 20, 2017