|973-625-8300 ext. 222|
|Office Hours 8-4 M-F|
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
The Business Administrator shall be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Township Council. The Business Administrator, under the direction and supervision of the Mayor, shall:
- Supervise the day-to-day administration of the departments established by the General Code of the Township of Denville. The Business Administrator shall develop, prescribe and enforce rules for the effective and efficient management of Township government;
- Serve as the Township’s Human Resources Officer and shall be responsible for the development and administration of a sound personnel system;
- Prepare and compile budget studies, analyses and schedules, assist in the conduct of departmental budget hearings and otherwise assist the mayor in such a manner as (s)he shall require in the preparation of the annual municipal budget. Furthermore, (s)he shall supervise the administration of the annual budget once adopted;
- Responsible for the comprehensive insurance administration in the Township, including property and liability insurance claims coordination.
- Maintain a continuing review of federal and state aid programs of interest to the Township in such a manner as to assure that the Township shall receive any and all aids to which it may be legally entitled; and
- Perform other duties detailed by the General Code of the Township of Denville or other duties prescribed by the Mayor and/or Township Council.
Steven Ward, Business Administrator
Kathy Bowditch, Administrative Assistant
Irene Stefanacci, Administrative Assistant
Steven Ward -
Is a native of Trenton, Michigan. He possesses a Bachelor of Science degree in Planning/Environmental Conservation from Northern Michigan University and a Master of Public Administration degree from Arkansas State University.
Prior to serving as the Business Administrator for the Township of Denville, Mr.Ward served for five years as the Borough Administrator for the Borough of Hopatcong, New Jersey; four years as the Borough Administrator for the Borough of Bloomingdale, New Jersey; and two years as the Director of Human Resources for the City of Jacksonville, Arkansas.
Mr. Ward is an avid cyclist, enjoys traveling and is fluent in Spanish.
Kathy Bowditch -
Grew up in Denville, attending Main Street School, Riverview, Valleyview and Morris Knolls before attending SUNY Maritime College in the Bronx, NY. During the summers while at college, she worked as summer help painting fire hydrants for Denville Public Works Water Department.
Kathy worked in the maritime industry for many years, before returning to Denville. She has worked as a seasonal DPW employee, Parking Enforcement Officer, Police Dispatcher and Planning & Zoning Board Secretary before her current position. Kathy is also the Municipal Housing Liaison and Safety Administrator for the Township.
Earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management from Jersey City State College (currently known as New Jersey City University). Irene has a diversified background in customer service, human resources and business.
Irene commenced her employment with the Township of Denville in 2003 as a part-time employee in the Construction Department. She has subsequently been advanced to full-time status assisting numerous departments as needed. At the present time, Irene principally works in the Administration and Tax Assessor Office.
Irene is also certified as a Tax Assessor (“CT.A.”) through Rutgers University.