|973-625-8300 ext. 222|
|Office Hours 8-4 M-F|
DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
The Business Administrator shall be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Township Council. The Business Administrator, under the direction and supervision of the Mayor, shall:
- Supervise the day-to-day administration of the departments established by the General Code of the Township of Denville. The Business Administrator shall develop, prescribe and enforce rules for the effective and efficient management of Township government;
- Serve as the Township’s Human Resources Officer and shall be responsible for the development and administration of a sound personnel system;
- Prepare and compile budget studies, analyses and schedules, assist in the conduct of departmental budget hearings and otherwise assist the mayor in such a manner as (s)he shall require in the preparation of the annual municipal budget. Furthermore, (s)he shall supervise the administration of the annual budget once adopted;
- Responsible for the comprehensive insurance administration in the Township, including property and liability insurance claims coordination.
- Maintain a continuing review of federal and state aid programs of interest to the Township in such a manner as to assure that the Township shall receive any and all aids to which it may be legally entitled; and
- Perform other duties detailed by the General Code of the Township of Denville or other duties prescribed by the Mayor and/or Township Council.
Steven Ward, Business Administrator
Kara DeLoreto, Executive Assistant
Irene Stefanacci, Administrative Assistant
Steven Ward -
Is a native of Trenton, Michigan. He possesses a Bachelor of Science degree in Planning/Environmental Conservation from Northern Michigan University and a Master of Public Administration degree from Arkansas State University.
Prior to serving as the Business Administrator for the Township of Denville, Mr.Ward served for five years as the Borough Administrator for the Borough of Hopatcong, New Jersey; four years as the Borough Administrator for the Borough of Bloomingdale, New Jersey; and two years as the Director of Human Resources for the City of Jacksonville, Arkansas.
Mr. Ward is an avid cyclist, enjoys traveling and is fluent in Spanish.
Earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management and Administration from Rutgers Business School in Newark, NJ. She also holds a Master of Science degree in Business Management from the College of St. Elizabeth in Convent Station, NJ.
Prior to accepting employment with the Township of Denville, Ms. DeLoreto worked in the private sector and possesses a diversified background in customer service, human resources and business management. Furthermore, she is a native of Wharton but has lived in Denville for more than two decades.
Ms. Deloreto commenced her employment with the Township in September 2014 as the Executive Assistant to the Business Administrator.
Earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management from Jersey City State College (currently known as New Jersey City University). Irene has a diversified background in customer service, human resources and business.
Irene commenced her employment with the Township of Denville in 2003 as a part-time employee in the Construction Department. She has subsequently been advanced to full-time status assisting numerous departments as needed. At the present time, Irene principally works in the Administration and Tax Assessor Office.
Irene is also certified as a Tax Assessor (“CT.A.”) through Rutgers University.