Health Education & Helpful Resources
The Health Education & Promotion Program is responsible for providing educational programs and various interventions to promote awareness of healthy lifestyles and behaviors among children and adults who work and live in the Township of Denville.
Health Education services provided include:
- Educational programs on various topics including: alcohol abuse, drug abuse, smoking prevention, nutrition, injury control, physical fitness/exercise, cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and HIV/AIDS.
- Development of educational materials including pamphlets, leaflets, newsletters, manuals, and advisories.
- Planning, implementing, and evaluating all health education programs and interventions
- Providing health counseling and referrals
- Providing food handling training programs to food establishment employees
- Emergency Preparedness Information for individuals with disabilities
- “Be Prepared”: Stay informed during emergencies and be prepared with these tips.
- Alcohol Abuse Control: Excessive alcohol drinking can have harmful effects on health including long term and short term risks. Learn more about support and treatment.
- HPV Immunizations For Males” and “Adult Immunizations
Adult Immunization Brochure: http://nj.gov/health/cd/documents/vpdp/adult_immunization_brochure.pdf
HPV Brochure for Boys and Young Men: http://nj.gov/health/cd/documents/topics/hpv/hpv_vaccine_boys_young_men_brochure.pdf
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Information
- Drug Abuse Control: Understanding drug abuse is essential in controlling and treating drug abuse. Learn more about the impact of drugs on health.
- Smoking Prevention & Cessation: Smoking is dangerous to your health. Learn more about the health risks
- Injury Control
- Sexually Transmitted Disease/HIV
- Nutrition: Learn how to take control of your health and weight through healthy eating.
- Physical Fitness & Exercise: Maintain your health by increasing physical activity.
- Affordable Care Act: Learn more about the Affordable Health Care Act and how it impacts you.
- Flu Prevention: Learn essential tips to prevent you and your family from contracting the flu this season.
Flu (basic facts): https://www.cdc.gov/flu/
Flu (prevention): https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/actions-prevent-flu.htm
Flu (prevention): https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/preventing.htm
- Additional Resources: